Ellie's Blog

Waffles and Other Assignments

My Winter Break in a Nutshell

on January 5, 2014

So far in this Winter Break, I have…

1) Watched The Time of The Doctor on Christmas Day while sobbing and eating the last of the Jammie Dodgers.

2) Unwrapped all of my presents, which include a hamster (I named him Hellfire), a Slytherin necktie, a Doctor Who Monopoly board game and these amazingly soft blankets that feel like clouds.

3) Became one with the couch. After all of the excitement of Christmas, my mother left to California to visit family and my sisters and I were isolated at my fathers house with no internet or cable. Mostly, I played games on my iPad on the couch while watching TV. It was multitasking.

4) Beat my 3DS game by becoming the Pokemon League Champion! I could’ve never of done it without my Froakie, which evolved into this wicked ninja when I was done with the game.

5) Questioned this reality after watching The Matrix

6) Beaten my record of most bad puns made during a school holiday that is not summer with 48 this break. (9 of which were bread puns, such as my dreams are crust)

And that was my break in a nutshell.

One Response to “My Winter Break in a Nutshell”

1. Mrs. Kriese says:

Was this your first time watching The Matrix? My family has tried to reveal to me the wonder that is supposedly that movie, but they have failed each time: I just don’t like it, don’t “get” it, or don’t find myself caring enough to get it…I dunno…I’m just missing something here.

Do you like The Matrix, or do you love it like so many do?